Norton Internet Security 2011 and Norton Antivirus 2011 v184.108.40.206 (patch 18.6) released – ENGLISH ONLY
UPDATE May 12, 2011: Norton 360 v220.127.116.11 (patch 5.1) released – ENGLISH ONLY
Symantec/Norton released v18.104.22.168 (patch 18.6) Norton Internet Security 2011, Norton Antivirus 2011 and Norton Internet Security Netbook Edition 2011. Note: the patch is currently available to ENGLISH users ONLY. Symantec/Norton will release the patches in other regions soon. You can also receive the update by running LiveUpdate and download the update. A reboot will be required.
The new NIS/NAV/NIS Netbook Edition 2011 v22.214.171.124 as offered for download in this blog can be installed over the top of existent version (126.96.36.199), the update will not deliver any problem, all previous 2011 settings will remain unaltered after the update. The update will be accomplished within 1 minute, reboot is required. All downloads are originating directly from the Symantec/Norton servers, for security reasons I strongly advise only to download from these vendor servers.
Fixes and improvements patch 18.6
– Added Firefox 4 Support
– Added New TidSrv detection & notification
– Improved Activation Process
– Corrected an issue where your product may report a loss of subscription days after upgrading from a previous version.
– Added performance improvements for IE 9 plugins.
– Fixed compatibility issues with 3rd party software such as Coral Paint Shop Pro & Max SEA.
This patch also contains fixes from previous patch 18.5. Some of those changes included:
– Fixed an issue where Norton Insight might falsely report 0% trusted when Performance Monitoring was disabled.
– Fixed an issue with the Activity Map might not update when Smart Definitions are enabled.
– Improved instances where the Norton AntiSpam Toolbar might be erroneously disabled (or “grayed out”) in Microsoft Outlook 2007 and Microsoft Outlook 2010.
– Corrected an issue where “Custom UI Runtime Error in Norton AntiSpam Outlook Plugin” might display when using Microsoft Outlook.
– Fixed an issue where the option to “run” an executable was missing from a File Insight/Download Insight window.
– Corrected an issue where Idle Full System Scans would show report inconsistent amounts of Scanned Files.
– Fixed an issue where Full System Scans would not run continuously, including when the machine is left idle.
– Fixed an issue where the Norton Product may display “Subscription Expired” after updating from a previous version.
– Fixed Internet Explorer crashes that were due to Intrusion Prevention.
– Performance Enhancements were made on the Norton Toolbar for Internet Explorer 9 Beta.
– Enhanced Settings migration when updating from an older version.
– Usability and Performance improvements to the support experience.
– Added better Norton AntiSpam support for Microsoft Outlook configured with multiple accounts.
– Corrected a few instances of 8504 errors that may appear when the Norton product is launched.
– Fixed a Registry Leak issue that may occur during shutdown.
Downloadlinks full version / update / trial / Norton Internet Security 2011, Norton Antivirus 2011 and NIS Netbook Edition v188.8.131.52 (patch 18.6)
– Norton Antivirus 2011 English version: http://buy-download.norton.com/downloads/CLT/NAV/US/2011/18.6/ESD/NAV-ESD-18-6-0-29-EN.exe
– Norton Internet Security 2011 English version: http://buy-download.norton.com/downloads/CLT/NIS/US/2011/18.6/ESD/NIS-ESD-18-6-0-29-EN.exe
– Norton Internet Security Netbook Edition 2011 English version: http://buy-download.norton.com/downloads/CLT/NISNE/US/2011/18.6/ESD/NIS-NETBOOK-ESD-18-6-0-29-EN.exe